We realize if you’re just in town for a night or two, English-language cinema in Milan might not be a top priority. However, if you’re here for an extended period of time, you might get bitten by the silver screen bug.
Any long time expats (like a couple of us!) adjusting to life abroad understand the importance of language immersion so we would perhaps opt to see an Italian-language film because it’s the right thing to do for the sake of integrating yourself into Italy. However, there are times when you might just be dying to see that new Quentin Tarentino film and you don’t want to watch the dubbing. Especially when English is your mother tongue. We get it, we really do.
So in honor of Anteo SpazioCinema airing The Revenant tonight in its mother tongue, here are movie theaters in Milan where you can find English language cinema. Be sure to check their websites as show times vary. Look for “v.o.” next to the showtime which means versione originale.
- Anteo SpazioCinema; Via Milazzo, 9; +39 (0)26 597732; versione originale Monday nights.
- Cinema Mexico Rocky Horror House; Via Savona, 57; + 39 (0)24 8951802 ; Thursday nights are English-language cinema nights and yes, as the theater’s name would imply, they screen the Rocky Horror Picture Show monthly.
- Cinema Arcobaleno Film Center: Viale Tunisia 11; +39 02 2940 6054; versione originale Tuesday nights.
- Ariosto SpazioCinema: Via Lodovico Ariosto, 16; +39 (0) 2 480 03901; versione originale Thursday nights.
- Multisala Eliseo, Via Torino 64; + 39 (0)2 7200 8219; regular showings, check website for “v.o.”
- Multisala Colosseo: Viale Monte Nero 84; + 39 (0)2 5990 1361; regular showings, check website for “v.o.”